United States, Florida, Miami, Downtown Miami, Brickell. You’ve found the major financial district in Miami. Go beyond and you’ll find Brickell key, an island that provides the best views of the neighborhood.
Its look & feel, gastronomy, connectivity plus convenience and its creative culture, are the key items turning Brickell into a massive new construction center. Everybody wants to live in this Florida area, that has tripled its population since 2000. Some of us know that Florida gets 900 new inhabitants per day, being the second fastest growing destination in the US, after Texas. Brickell is now the hot spot in the whole place.
In just a couple of years more, Brickell, that is the downtown of Miami, is projected to have 109.000 residents. Today, it has 92.000, just do the maths. What is that makes Brickell especially appealing? Let’s see.
The 7 more appealing reasons to live in Brickell
- There’s fluency of visitors that choose Brickell instead of the beach. It’s a mecca for brands that search interaction with millennials. Business opportunities, art installations, international cuisine. New restaurants, bars and hotels, as well as almost perfect weather, ideal for South American people, are just some of the first reasons to choose Brickell.
- In Brickell corridor and Brickell key there’s an explosion of investments in new construction. Condos, office buildings, mixed-use developments and apartments, are just some of the types of properties about to be born in the neighborhood.
- 85% of real estate buyers in the area are from countries like Argentina, Mexico, Brasil, Colombia, Venezuela, Spain and Italy, choosing among great condos like Brickell Flatiron or 1010 Brickell. Brickell City Center.
- If you are looking for an urban core New-York stylish, Brickell could be your place. Its financial district feels more new yorker, rather than Miami. The Metromover will take you to different spots like Bayside Marketplace, American Airlines Arena, Miami-Dade County School Board or Miami-Dade College, for free. 21 stations to different destinations, 5:00 a.m. to midnight, seven days a week, as its website states. You’ll also find the best European brands like Le Roy René, Mirto or Acqua di Parma.
- If shopping or doing business is not your thing, we are sure you’ll be dragged into the interactive science museum (Phillip and Patricia Frost Museum of Science) or the Pérez Art Museum Miami, two of the youngest museums in Miami. You’ll also find plenty of international exhibits or Miami-based artists.
- In Brickell you can find the top spot for sushi in Miami, NAOE. If you are more fan of the Italian food, you’ll have options like Casa Tua or La Centrale. For South Americans missing their local food, La Mar or Quinto La Huella are options that will suit them.
- Brickell is located, by car, 15 minutes away from Miami Airport, 15 minutes away from South Beach (5th and Ocean), 6 minutes away from the American Airlines Arena and 30 minutes away from the Bal Harbour Shops. The neighborhood is surrounded by Little Havana, Allapattah, Coral Way, Coconut Grove and Downtown Miami neighborhoods.
Gyms, salons, spas, like the premier one at Mandarin Oriental, will provide facial and body treatments. For your mental health, relaxation at a terrace with an amazing view or at a docked yacht will both be good options. Brickell is not only a financial center, but also a place to enjoy. Since those times when it was only a patch of office buildings, it has developed into a place to really check out, a best-kept secret in Miami.